Are you an educator or parent looking for a turn-key children’s nutrition program?
The NCOAI has developed a program with the goal of consolidating the plethora of information concerning childhood obesity and solutions /strategies that can be implemented at the family and school level. This series includes determining children’s caloric needs and sample menu plans based on caloric needs.
We hope you will take advantage of this FREE, easy to implement program that will educate, inspire and motivate children to make healthy eating choices. Continuing education credits and a certificate are also available (for a small fee). See below for details.
NCOAI Youth Nutrition Program
- Kids Are Not All Right
- Obesity is killing our kids by Dr. Jane Pentz and Doug Dwyer
- Personal responsibility – It’s my body by Dr. Jane Pentz and Doug Dwyer
- Definitions of Obesity
- Measuring and defining childhood obesity
- Rates of Obesity
- Discussing the rates of childhood obesity
- Consequences of Obesity
- Itemizing the consequences of childhood obesity
- School Lunches
- Schools identified as the focal point for reducing childhood obesity
- Serving Sizes
- Identifying what constitutes serving and portion sizes
- Caloric Needs
- The science behind determining caloric needs for children
- Star Associated Food Rating System
- A simple tool for educating, inspiring and motivating children to make healthy eating choices.
- Meal Plans
- Colorful, easy to use meal plans based on caloric needs
NCOAI Youth Nutriton Continuing Education Units
Continuing education units for this program are available through AASDN for professionals wishing to receive contact hours. Click here for more details concerning continuing education.
NCOAI Youth Nutrition Certificate Program
A certificate program has also been developed through AASDN for individuals wishing to earn a certificate in children’s nutrition. Click here for more details.